I can’t believe I’m going to say this, but…holy crap it’s Friday already. Not only that but it’s March! Time flies doesn’t it. Well, despite a week that oddly enough has flown by for me, it was chock full o’ learnings. So, let’s get to it before it’s the weekend.
- CV jr went on his first date this past weekend and while I was cleaning the garage, I gave him the fabulous advice of, “look don’t be a dumbass; treat her well.” Despite double standards not being fair, I predict when my little baby girl goes on her first date I won’t be cleaning the garage…I’ll be cleaning my gun.
- When you have 9 smoke alarms in the house and 1 is beeping every time you aren’t near it because it’s battery is dying, it’s best to just change all 9. Costs more, but saves hours of frustration.
- I didn’t know that IMDb’s movie ratings were the actual number of people who have seen the movie until I looked up The Artist, which had a rating of 8.
- Related, I’m glad Jean Dujardin didn’t talk in the artist because I couldn’t understand a friggin word he was saying at the Oscars.
- Having to ask someone, “Is that cool or what?” more than once in a single conversation should be a clue that it’s not.
- Given how much coverage NASCAR got for the Daytona 500 that ended after midnight on Tuesday morning, I’m guessing they stage more rain delay, in-car Tweets, yellow flag car careening out of control into jet dryer truck filled with jet fuel on non-holiday Monday night events. Hey, if it works.
- I found one of my co-workers who helps make up the far left side of the bell curve. How’d I find him? Well the conversation went like this:
Him: Do you have a product picture like this one? (sends me a pic of our product)
Me: Ummm, yeah I have the one in the pic you sent me. Will that work for you?
Him: Yeah, it sure will. Thanks.
Me: Happy to help and let me know if you already have something you would like me to not provide again.
- Being stuck behind a Roach Coach food trunk for 5 miles that’s cooking bacon during the morning commute is pure torture.
- It took me a couple weeks but I finally figured out that the new urinal splash guards in our office smell like Hawaiian Punch. A disturbingly odd place to be brought back to my youth.
- Somehow George found a way to have an argument with himself. Unfortunately, he hasn’t kicked his own ass yet. Shouldn’t be too hard to find someone to help though as the line of people he is pissing off is getting longer daily.
- Not a day goes by that I don’t rethink my decision to not be a dick.
Turn off the email, set the phone on Do Not Disturb, grab one of your favorite beverages and join me in a toast, because it’s the weekend.