As my readers know, I was out of the office this week while taking a few maintenance days to hang with the family during the kids Spring Break. We weren’t planning to go anywhere for a vacation so I deemed it my Staycation – aka take time off from work but not going anywhere because I am
cheap, lazy (ok I am inherently lazy, but that’s not why I stayed home), hate vacation crowds (true) and have traveled quite a bit this year already (true) so decided to just chill at home. Despite being out of the office for a few days, I still had a few observations that I wanted to pass along.
- Everywhere I look I see the slide of humanity into oblivion. Sometimes it’s like the old metal playground slide. Other times it’s more like the huge one from the county fair where you sit on a burlap sack and fly off the end. I’m convinced one area that this manifests itself is in people’s driving and parking skills. This jackass is a prime example of someone on the 7 story vertical water slide.
- Big fan of the golf on TV. After all it’s prime napping time. How grown men got naps on weekends before golf on TV I’ll never know.
- A family game of Pictionary is never complete without an argument.
- My kingdom for a dog school that teaches pooches that on weekends and vacations they need to sleep in as long as or longer than their owner.
- Does whiskey help me survive multiple days with the family? OR does the family need me to drink whiskey so they can survive time with me? The world may never know.
- 2 teen kids, 2 dogs, 1 trip to a local lake to let the dogs swim, and In-N-Out remnants left in back seat for a couple hours makes for one stinky car ride home.
- After successfully
ignoring the daily mundane crap of the office during my staycationrecharging my corporate batteries I’m back at at it. God help me.
Good news…Memorial day, and another long weekend, is only 6 weeks away.