June 1st…to me that’s the first day of summer. Oh sure some say Memorial Day is the kickoff. Others, when the kids get out of school. But, to me, it’s always been June 1. To me, June is to Summer what Friday is to the first day of a long three-day weekend. So, let’s get this party started!
- Directly related – every week should have a three-day weekend.
- In the “You Can’t Make This Shit Up” files, I witnessed Cubicle George having a conversation with IT about the proper way to unplug a laptop. And, to my amazement, IT dude did not say, “grab plug and yank.”
- This bears repeating: To all who served in the past, the present and will in the future…Thank You.
- Despite my love for three-day weekends, I loathe Monday’s who are impersonating themselves as a Tuesday.
- Everyone keeps talking about the Zombie Apocalypse this week with all the happenings about face-eating and body parts being mailed to Canadians, but all I can think of is when does the next season of Dexter begin?
- In the “If You Want To Date My Daughter” files, you boys best know how to grill salmon properly with the skin on and serve it with the skin off.
- Next week is the election in California. All you voters, as you head into the polling place to cast your vote, please recognize that the quest to build a Utopia, while a nice goal, is what has gotten us into this mess.
To all my readers, I thank you. And, I hope that once all the craziness of life and work slows down a wee bit I’ll be able to get back to my regular writing. In the meantime…
Happy First Day of Summer!