Check out what happened in my world this week in my weekly recap, otherwise known as the TPS Report. BTW, not sure what that’s in reference to? Watch this…I’ll wait for you. G’head…watch.
Ok you back now? Good. Onwards…
- Somehow we’ve figured out that the month of February is lonely with only 28 days, so every 4 years we add one to it (of course we don’t want it to get cocky and feel really on par with the 30 and 31 day months so we only add one day). This comes from the fact that the calendar we use (365 days) is slightly shorter than the solar year (by about 6 hours…trust them, their scientists). We’ve also decided that messing with calendars isn’t enough, so twice a year we fuck with the space time continuum again by changing our clocks (well most of us do, but there are some rebels out there still…looking at you Arizona!). Yet, somehow we haven’t figured out how to make a holiday that falls on a Wednesday move to a Tuesday or a Friday so we could all have a long weekend. Nope, us American’s partied like it was 1776 yesterday and had to go back to work today. I’ll bet John Hancock was still drinking on July 5th. Just sayin.
- I feel like a little part of my childhood died the other day when Andy Griffith passed away.
- I don’t get this whole “God Particle” thing. But, what I do know is that if Stephen Hawking didn’t think it would ever be found I had no hope in finding it.
- Related, I’m pretty sure these geeky scientists make this shit up to to hold us down and make us feel inferior. In fact, I’d be willing to bet that the God Particle is really just a piece of fossilized T-Rex poop someone found in upper Utah.
- Curious what I was thinking on the Fourth of July? Hint: it wasn’t dirty…I know shocking!
- Whomever said there were no dumb questions clearly wasn’t cc’d on the email I got the other day…during the first week of July:
Dear CV, has the March 2012 event happened yet?
- Lastly, I’d like to thank the Paula and the good folks over at BlogHer, a self-described community and media company created in partnership with women in social media, for featuring yours truly as part of the BlogHer Spotlight in the Career section. This is a huge honor, because 1) it’s BlogHer…they’re like huge and shit! And, 2) they’re all women!
Yeah, I’ve still got it!