August 10? Where the hell did Summer go?
- It’s been a couple weeks since I wrote the last TPS due to my vacation a week ago, so I’m happy to get back at it and writing again. Speaking of my vacation, did you all see how it ended with a trip to my local Costco?
- I’m all for honesty, even brutal honesty, but when trying to sell something to someone perhaps this sales clerks might want to go back to sales school:
Patron: What do you think of these on me?
Sales clerk: Well if you were skinny I’d say yes, but these aren’t for you.
- As an athlete during the Olympic games, it’s gotta be a bit of a bummer to hear the TV commentator say, “oh that was horrible!”
- I’m pretty sure I saw a Hobo on my way home from work tonight who was wearing a kilt. Either that or it was a flannel shirt around his waste (grunge style). Oh, and he wasn’t wearing pants. Six of one, half-dozen of another?
- Sending me an email with literally every line highlighted in yellow kind of defeats the purpose of highlighting, but is a good way to get me to hit “delete” immediately.
- Brilliance on my part or just damn lucky, I’m happy to say that my vacation was strategically timed relative to Cubicle George’s.
- I was told a few times this week that I should give up soda for my health. But, that would severely impact my Whiskey and Coke consumption which makes me happy. Happiness >; Health.
- Dear coworker, please read this.
- Do I have a problem? You be the judge…
While at a local drinking establishment, the entertainer of the evening – an acoustic guitarist – says to me, “Hey you’re the guy who likes the Foo Fighters aren’t you? How about some Everlong?”
- Let me give you some advice…the best way to increase the odds of me reading your email is to actually send it to me.
- Why NBC thinks it needs to put their Track & Field announcers in 1970s styled track sweat jackets is beyond me.
I’m just super happy that they don’t have the same philosophy for the announcers of men’s swimming.