It’s Labor (Labour…Canadians sheesh) Day Weekend for us North Americans. Yeah some of you in other outlying lands celebrate it too, but most have it on a different day. So this one is ours baby!
This holiday started out as a way to give Laborers (basically the down and dirty working class) a day off. I can picture Mr. Burns saying:
So with that, enjoy your long weekend (if you have one), eat good food, drink a lot, sleep late (if the little kidlets will let you) and rest up, because in North America unless you are a government worker, there are no more days off until Thanksgiving – which for you from the Great White North is sooner than us…always trying to upstage your neighbors to the south eh?
But, first…I bring you the week that was…
- I’m petitioning to have our company’s tag line be – What We Have Here Is A Failure To Communicate.
- Labor Day is the unofficial end of Summer for most. The official end of Summer is September 21st. For me it was a couple weeks ago.
- Hey do you like to write blogs? Do you like to read good shit, er blogs? If so, then check out these two sites:
- Do you like music? If you don’t who are you? Anywhoo this channel is my go to on evenings for some really good tunes, concerts and stories. Palladia – it’s what MTV should’ve become.
- Surprising no one, it turns out Whiskey and Fudgsicle’s go very well together.
- Mrs. CV concocted a new dinner the other night. Turns out it was awesome and super easy. Marinade chicken breasts in Sriracha sauce and Olive Oil then grill. But, I must give you a warning…when placing on the grill don’t breathe in. Also, if you aren’t used to spicy food, the next morning may be a little rough – if you know what I mean.
- We have reached an all new level of pain in the assness (yes, that’s a word) at my company. I dub thee PITA 2.0. Also…praying there’s no 3.0.
- Related to the above food items, did you check my post on Diners, Drive-ins and Disgusting Business Meals?
- Back-to-school night means all Dads rush home from work (many blow it off entirely) and the Moms all dress up trying to outdo each other in what I can only gather is something passed down in their DNA from centuries ago.
Either way, I’m not complaining…nor missing back-to-school night.
Really honey…I’m doing it for the kids.
OK folks gotta run and finish up the work week as the micro-managers are hovering like flies at a cattle processing plant.
Have a great weekend to all and a great long weekend to us lucky ones.