Time for the weekly wrap-up.
- Mid September…better start your Christmas shopping. At least that’s what some of the stores are telling us.
- The other day was garbage day in my hood. Despite putting the cans out the night prior, I had one more thing to add in the morning. So I went out early to make an addition to our local landfill and much to my surprise the actual garbage can was gone. Literally no where to be found.
My theory? Someone thinks that I’m a 1%er and that my trash would be their treasure.
Boy are they in for a shock.
- Teaching horses how to fish and get information for themselves on the web is challenging. Wait what? I might have messed up that analogy, but you’ll get the point.
- The video that sparked all the violence in the Middle East has sparked some thoughts.
1) It’s very clear that the vast majority of the Middle East will use ANY excuse to act violently against anything they think represents the West.
2) A cornerstone of Democracy is Freedom of Speech. Even stupid speech. That video, while very stupid, is a prime example of Freedom of Speech. And, if you don’t like it what’s being said, those in Democracies don’t initiate acts of war over speech.
Remember that whole sticks and stones may break my bones thing?
3) The “leaders” of the movements are just using the video as an excuse to further their extremist goals.
4) Instead of apologizing for some video it would be nice if our leaders would whole-heartedly hold their “leaders” responsible for the acts of wars on the US.
- Need some mindless distractions from your work today? Check out this week’s What’s Distracting Me.
- For those of you who don’t know, my city requires that people need to bring their own reusable bags to the grocery store…it’s for the environment right? Well, this week I went to the store without bags. Heck I was only buying 3 items, two of which were the same thing. These were the receipts that I got for 3 items! Had I bought some tape I could have created my own bag…in the name of the environment.