Reports of CV’s demise are greatly exaggerated.
Yes, it’s been a while since I’ve posted something new. Sometimes life takes over and wears you out. That’s been the case for me lately and, unfortunately, it doesn’t look like things are going to slow down anytime soon with the holidays rolling up upon us.
With that, here’s this week’s (and maybe a little of last week’s) random ass thoughts.
- Who the hell are you people that feel some urge to put up Christmas lights more than a week before Thanksgiving?
- I absolutely hate driving home from work in the dark.
- Related, since it’s getting dark so early all the freaks that ride their bicycles to work are having to use those super bright flashing lights on their helmets and bikes so us drivers don’t hit them. But, what they fail to realize is that those flashing lights are going to cause me to have a seizure and crash into them anyway.
Nature always finds a way.
- There’s only one thing to do when your daughter and her boyfriend break up. Go to the store and get a lot of ice cream. Oh, that and buy more shotgun shells.
- I can’t help but wonder at what age all the young voters who dream of a great utopia will realize that damn near half of their income is going to taxes.
- Related, Gov. Brown (California) said this about Prop 30 (tax hike) passing:
“Those who have been blessed the most, who have disproportionately extracted, by whatever skill, more and more from the national wealth, they’re going to have to share more of that,” Brown said.
There is SOOOO much wrong with that statement. Let’s look at each part:
“Blessed the most” – i.e. haven’t worked for it…got lucky.
“Disproportionately extracted…from the national wealth” – i.e. didn’t earn it, made too much money and seemingly there’s some finite amount of wealth.
“Are going to have to share more of that” – i.e. you don’t deserve to keep what you earned, worked hard for, and created…we the government are going to take it from you and give to others.
I can’t believe this jackass got voted in…twice!
I thank Jack and Joe over at The Armstrong and Getty show (you’ve gotta check them out) for bringing this one to my attention.
- Related again – I love California, but the vast majority of it’s voters are complete morons.
- All I want for Christmas is one of these.
- Thursday was the Guinness World Records Day (look it up). And, in honor of one of my favorite books growing up, I attempted to set the record for the longest time for not kicking Cubicle George in the groin.
Unfortunately, my attempt at the record ended 1.5 minutes after I started counting. Oh, by the way, it took me a minute and ten seconds just to walk over to his cube.
Have a good weekend everyone. And, for those of us in The States we’ve got a short week to look forward to. That is unless you are in retail, in which case, this coming week starts the beginning of your yearly trip to hell.