This has been a pretty tough week – work is, well insane and we’re only 11 days from Christmas. Oh and if that weren’t enough we’re only 1 week away from the Mayan global death dance.
- Speaking of the Mayan’s have you been reading my 12 Thoughts Leading to the Mayan Apocalypse? You can catch today’s, day 5 here and the previous day’s thoughts at the bottom of that one.
- Related, so I was driving home from work last night, stuck in traffic as usual, and while I was staring at the car in front of me, I noticed it had a bumper sticker which read: All Roads Lead To Heaven.
So, if my commute weren’t bad enough, some dude in a 1970-something Ford was telling me I could literally be driving toward my death and heaven.
So, I’ve got that going for me…which is nice.
- If you’ve ever wondered why I’m cynical witness exhibit A from the other day:
So there I was minding my own business and being royally pissy about being stuck in a target parking lot during the holidays, when I see a gentleman holding a “I’m a homeless vet and need help” sign in one hand and holding a cell phone to his ear in the other hand. THEN, I read this and my cynical gauge completely broke.
- I was watching the 12/12/12 concert last night – really good show by the way – and I couldn’t help but think that perhaps all these natural or otherwise disasters just might be created by the music industry to give the old rocker geezers another chance to rock the stage. BTW, most of them rocked it quite well.
- In all seriousness, Adam Sandler’s comedic musical genius is, well…genius. You all undoubtedly know his Hanukkah Song, but did you check out his “Hallelujah Sandy, Screw Ya” Wednesday night? He’s brilliant.
Well folks, if you didn’t have the joy of attending your company’s holiday party last week, good luck with it this week. I’ll be the guy who’s not there.