I’m currently on PTO enjoying some much needed time away from the cube, but I thought you might enjoy reading some of my “thoughts” from a year ago.
Funny how many of these repeated this year…I mean literally repeated. And, it’s actually not funny…it’s pretty sad.
- A “holiday” party scheduled for the 3rd week in January doesn’t count.
- A Polo shirt with the company logo is a crappy gift.
- A gift in an unmarked box left on the desk with no name or card who it’s from will be treated as a bomb.
- Marking an email urgent on a Friday afternoon before a holiday weekend should be grounds for firing.
- It’s not appropriate to do a CEO Elf Yourself…and, send as a company card.
- Employee who says, “I don’t mind working over the holidays, it’s quiet and I can get stuff done.” = kiss ass peon.
- Giving me the gift of alcohol is the quickest way to earn brownie points.
- Stay away from the See’s candy gift basket sitting in the common area.
- Even if it’s billed as a “kids party” coworkers will get very angry if there is no spiked eggnog.
- HR understands what you mean when you walk around talking about your “Yule log”.