Happy Friday everyone! Well, it’s been a while since I’ve written a proper weekly wrap up. What can I say? Life sometimes gets in the way. But, I’M BACK!
Plus, after not writing the weekly report for a bit, I was afraid I’d get fired. After all, need to keep ’em informed of what you’re doing right?
So, here we are, the first full work week of the new year is done. Congrats! Only 50ish more to go. <sigh>
So, what made me go “hmmm” this week?
- Being the pillar of health I am, I was reading Men’s Health last week and came across this infographic:
There’s a lot of wisdom in those words, but perhaps the most important is the first line. Let me sum it up for you. You can have 3 drinks a day and end up net even. SWEET!
- When your teenage daughter starts watching The Notebook for the first time, you know you’re just beginning the process of being screwed.
- One of the best things about writing is getting feedback (and comments…writers like comments…hint). So, I thought in it would be appropriate to give some feedback, and my own little award – The Cubey – to some blogs and writers that I enjoy. Check out their work. And, comment.
- One of the things journalists and newsdudes need is a headline to grab you; to make you think. And, often that starts with posing a question. The other day, Yahoo!’s highlights, posed the following question. They got my attention.Now, I don’t know about you, but this was a really easy question for me to answer.
- Being called out of the blue by someone who says, “can you join us in <insert random conference room named after a national park here>…we need to talk with you”, is rarely good, but always unnerving.
- Who ever said, “Change is good”, clearly was the one initiating the change and not the recipient.
- When someone says they are bullish about something you should always keep in mind that the word bullish is awfully close to the word bullshit.
And, finally I leave you with this. It’s been a pretty long week and on Thursday night, I was excited to come home to a happy family, the unconditional love of my dogs and a tasty warm meal made by the Mrs. And, I got all three.
Oh yeah, and I also came home to a couple of clogged toilets.