Howdy folks. Crazy busy week and no time to write a proper post, but there’s always a little time to wrap-up this week’s shenanigans and other random thoughts.
- There’s something really wrong with you (aka me) if I agree to get up early on a weekend just so I can get to the bagel shop before Kid 1’s favorites are sold out.
- A homophone is a word that is pronounced the same yet has two different meanings. I’m not sure what the equivalent is for a phrase, however I do know that when referring to “Dump and Change” in hockey vs. having a little kid, it has two completely different meanings.
- Independent of anything else, I know that Mrs CV and I are successful parents as my kids will not grow up to be evil dictators.
And, in this week’s Ripped From the Headlines files:
- So, we all know that the Rolling Stones are back on their tour bus, or is it one of those Rascal’s? Either way I know I’m not paying upwards of $200 for the “cheap seat”.
- So a guy brandishing a knife in Houston goes on a slashing rampage, saying he wanted to cut off people’s faces and wear them as masks. Can we all agree now that no amount of gun control is going to stop the lunatic from being a lunatic? Every time something happens people around the suspect say stuff like “oh he would never do this”. Well guess what, he did and you should have seen the signs.
- Related, how can a clean cut North Korean boy go from having dreams of being the next Danny Zuko to Boy Wonder Dictator?
- This new app may not solve all my documented bathroom challenges (exhibit A and B) but, it’s still pretty awesome.