Howdy folks. Time to wrap this week up and flush it down the toilet.
- Today’s Casual Friday here in the Valley. And, you know what that means right? You got it, I just ship my pants!
- My laptop took 19 minutes from hitting the power button until my Outlook app was up, running and ready to do some work. I had thought that over time, computers were supposed to get smaller, lighter and faster? Oh that’s right, I don’t have a Mac.
- Many say that dogs are one of the smartest animals on the planet. I’ve totally had evidence to back that up with my pups. Then they go and eat some cat poop.
- Speaking of poop. Does it make me a bad Dad if I put this alarm into Kid 1’s iPhone?
- You might be surprised to learn that I, as someone who likes to write a blog, actually hates quite a few words. Yet, hate isn’t a word I hate!
In this week’s Ripped From the Headlines files:
- I’d like to congratulate Nevada for their progressive plan to help people who are mentally ill. This is a serious problem and they’ve got a serious solution.
- Dexter. Can’t wait.
Rough week here. No I’m not talking work, that’s always rough. I’m talking here in the States. I know some of you are from other locales around the world who may experience these kinds of things more often than we do. And, some may not really care a whole lot about what’s been going on this week primarily in Boston (also let’s not forget Texas…), but it’s big for us.
Let’s talk about headlines and more specifically the media in general. Their whole “rush to be first” attitude without checking facts has really gotten out of control. With the happenings this week I tweeted that I hoped the 3rd time was the charm relative to their releasing news of suspects having been identified. And, now it appears that it was the charm.
I really wish there was a news outlet that wasn’t wrapped up in ratings. That’s focus was getting it right the first time. That was more like the news used to be years ago. That was more like Newsroom. If you haven’t watched that before, do yourself some justice and check out the first brilliant season.
Lastly, our country has it’s challenges and it’s enemies like every country around this globe. But, one thing that always makes me proud to be an American is when we rally, and I mean really really, around one cause or theme and stand united. Shame it usually has to take something bad to happen for this quality to come out.