Busy week on the road for work, but happy to be heading home today.
- Men despite what this says, you should not use it “that” way
- If you aren’t watching 60 minutes on a weekly basis, you should. Great in-depth stories.
- Some people take pills when they travel. I self medicate too, but these are my meds of choice.
- So Starbucks has a secret menu. Turns out they named one of the drinks after the Trustafarians that use their bathrooms for cleaning up – The Dirty Hippy.
- Someone asked me this week to review a slide deck for them. It had over 100 slides. So, I told him that I was done. He said, “already?”
“Yup, it was easy”, I told him.
“Ok, what changes would you make?”, he asked.
To which I replied, “delete at least 90 of the slides.”
- Hey, I appreciate other cultures and the diversity they bring to me. I also love food. But, if you bring Indian food into your cube for lunch you will be met with severe bodily harm.
- Someone helped me realize a great truth this week.
Pizza is like sex. Let me explain.
I think of pizza typically three or more times a day, yet I only get it at most once a week.
In this week’s News Ripped From The Headlines files:
- 3 words – Benghazi, IRS, wire-taps. I guess the second term honeymoon is over.
- At some point, if it comes out that more and more groups were targeted by the IRS, you’ll have to admit that it’ll end with them targeting most people, which is pretty much what they’ve done forever anyway.
- There was an inflight crash at an airport this week. No not my flight thankfully. No one was hurt and in fact it was totally cool!
- This was a pretty good read re Benghazi.
- For the record, I’m a registered Independent. I research and vote truly independent of party lines. In theory, I do my best to vote for whomever I believe is really best for that particular office. I wish more people would do that too. Just remember, all political parties have nut jobs. All political parties have strengths and weaknesses. If you don’t agree, you’re ignorant.
Open your mind to other’s points of view. In the least, it will allow you to defend your view better. And, perhaps, you may find that you actually agree with some of what others have to say.
P.S. – this goes in all aspects of life. It’s called listening to others. Try it for a change.
On that note, I’m outta here. This has been a long week. And, stay tuned for Part 3 of the week in travels coming soon…