How was your week? Mine, though short, was long. As a coworker mentioned to me, pretty much summing up the office environment: Same clowns, just a different circus.
Before we move on to June (what the?) let’s wrap up the week and month of May.
- Memorial Day – a day where we honor those who fought for our freedom, but are no longer with us.
Let’s not forget to honor those who are fighting for us now and are still with us today. Next time you see a soldier, take your nose out of your smartphone for one second, stop and just give a simple “Thanks”.
- It also seems that the only way I can avoid angry customer escalations even during a long Memorial Day weekend is to be one of those who has been memorialized.
- I’m so glad I grew up in a time without the internet and cameras everywhere. Kids today are going to have it rough.
- I’ve come to realize that there are only two kinds of people in this world. Unfortunately, most of my coworkers are neither.
- I’m pretty sure that my dry cleaner puts a little super glue in the button holes on the cuffs of my dress shirts just to frustrate me and piss me off.
- A coworker told me they were excited to go on a cruise and asked if I’d ever been. I told her, “No, I’m not really interested in a torturous death vacation, but have fun on your trip!”
Not sure she found the humor in that.
In this week’s Ripped From The Headlines files:
- If you think we still live in the “Land of the free” you are sorely mistaken.
This story is ridiculous, but all to common. To do virtually anything these days you need to get the permission of the government. In this case it would seem that since the park-goers were not wearing shorts, they weren’t allowed to take pictures.
- Get ready folks, the Syrian region is about one itchy trigger finger away from creating a massive war. Unfortunately, we can’t just let them all blow each other to hell.
- I believe you this time Mr. Holder. I’m sure the last time you lied on the national stage will be the last. How is it that this guy hasn’t been fired yet?
- I for one can’t wait for Obamacare to come. I mean, it’ll be great to have the government, in all it’s bloated greatness, run healthcare for all. They’ve done so well with taxes and the IRS as recent examples have shown, I’m sure they’ll do a bang up job with our health. And, it will cost us all less! Except those of us in California. But, hey we Californians are used to paying more for everything. I’m sure the rest of you will save money…
Bring on June!