As you may have noticed (well I hope at least someone noticed) I haven’t written a real post in a bit. Kinda going through one of those funks where life is getting in the way of living.
Well, I hope to be back to my usual self soon. But, in the meantime please enjoy (or at least humor me and read) this week’s wrap-up and other random thoughts.
- This week has been nothing but one interruption after another. It seems like every 5 minutes someone drops by to “see if I have a minute”. Well, I did, but everyone’s used them up unfortunately.
- I’m not sure what the scientific reason is, but as soon as it became June it would seem no one remembers what lane lines are for on my commute.
- “I thought you were moving ahead with the project.” -Sr. VP Bossman
“Well last we left it, you had yet to approved the project yet. Are we good to go?” -Me
“My lack of response meant it was approved. – Sr. VP Bossman
Obviously I missed Advanced Mind Reading some where between Kindergarden and Graduate School.
- Ever have problems with an annoying coworker who won’t shut the fuck up and is always on volume level 11 (it’s one better than 10)? Well I think I’ve got the solution.
Dog Shock Collars for Coworkers.
Think about it.
Of course it’ll come with a smart phone app too so you don’t need to get too close to the corporate a-hole.
In this week’s Ripped From the Headlines files:
- Apple announces it’s upcoming iOS 7 with big fan fare at their big developer conference this week. In typical Apple fashion they put out a killer presentation and video showcasing their operating system not due for months on their public website.
Contrast that with how my company freaks out if someone has a grainy screen shot of some beta product on a powerpoint slide.
Apple we are not.
- In California we have the death penalty. But, we don’t do things the usual way. This is our version: House a guy for 20 something years and allow him to marry some nut job and wait for him to die of natural causes. Well at least the fucker is gone.
- I can’t remember, what was this week’s Obama administration scandal? This is getting complicated.
- Speaking of Obama, we’re getting closer to Obamacare hitting the streets. Yet, it seems many of our lawmakers are starting to realize that they too will be f’d when it becomes reality. So, what are they going to do? Well get outta dodge of course!
- So, let me get this straight. The guy who broke the 3rd…4th…5th? scandal of the Spring is a 29 year old who got his GED, was making $200k, living in Hawaii with his girlfriend who just so happens to be a ballerina pole dancer? So, other than I didn’t have to flee to Hong Kong, we’re pretty much the same.