- The calendar may not say Summer yet, but given every night in our house involves discussing how the kids are going to get around town the next day while mom and dad are at work, I’d say it’s in full swing.
- I’m pretty sure that if I were to work a half day from home I’d get more accomplished than a full day in the office. Unless it’s summer vacation and my kids are home. In that case I’d need two-thirds of a day.
- My own personal hell just might be having to listen to people eat food with their mouth open.
- John Oliver – you’re doing a great job sitting in on the Daily Show.
- After 20 years and countless miles this is why you’ve earned my loyalty.
- All those days going around with the roof of my mouth torn up and now I find out he was impersonating a captain? I feel like my whole childhood was a lie.
- I know it’s tough being a lame duck President, but seriously is this administration trying to set some sort of record?
This week’s ripped from the headlines is going to focus on 2 people who provided me with hours of entertainment and who sadly are no longer with us.
The first you may not know, but should – Vince Flynn. Vince was many things in his all to short life, but I came to know him as an author who wrote about terrorism. He created and developed a character named Mitch Rapp – a true American bad ass. Sadly Vince lost his life this week to cancer and I will truly miss his work. If you haven’t read his work check it out and read the books in order. www.vinceflynn.com
The second you likely do know – James Gandolfini, or as most of us came to know him – Tony Soprano. This guy was born to be Tony. I am 100% convinced no one else could have pulled off that character like he did. Sure, the full cast of that show rocked, but it was James show. He was brilliant in that roll. He was in quite a few movies actually, but most recently I remember him from Zero Dark Thirty. Ultimately, he will always be remembered as Tony. There are so many “Tony” moments – wearing his shirt while in the pool with the ducks and all of the therapy sessions. If you are one of the 4 people on the planet who didn’t watch the series, watch it. For the rest of us, here’s the final scene from the final episode.
Thanks Vince and James. You will be missed.