After a week off from my weekly wrap up, I’m back. Miss me?
Yeah didn’t think so. In that case, let’s get it on…
- My work week started on Sunday because someone decided to have a meeting on Monday at 8am and I needed to prepare. Yeah, I do take things seriously. Most of the time. Probably. There really should be some law against 8am Monday and 4pm Friday meetings.
- People have often asked, “if you could go back in time and meet someone, anyone in history, who would it be?”
Me, I’d like to meet the person who decided to put a speakerphone in the desk phones of cubicle workers so I could kick him in the crotch. No speakerphone calls in the cube!!!
- It’s Shark Week on the Discovery Channel. I’ve pitched an idea to them where I nominate certain coworkers to go outside the shark cage while we chum the waters. Can’t get them to return my calls, but I will not give up!
And, in this week’s News Ripped From the Headlines:
- You’d think that A-Rod ,who’s stats aren’t so great, could afford better performance enhancing drugs given he’s making $34M a year.
- Everyone on the news was talking about how Obama is snubbing Putin by canceling their planned meeting. I bet Putin is actually happy, because in my world, I get stoked and do the happy dance when people cancel meetings.
- People talk about how Guantanamo Bay is a horrible failure and human rights catastrophe. I’d beg to differ. Typically, people of the Muslim faith, and let’s face it, the vast majority (OK All) who are in Gitmo are so called radical Muslims, and they typically shun Western ways. But, I’d argue that it’s actually working. Really you say? Prove it CV. OK I will. Guess what the most popular reading material in Gitmo is? The Quran? 50 Shades of Repressed Women in a Birka? Nope it’s this.