Hello middle of August. I’m struggling to hold on to Summer, but the slight change in color of the leaves is threatening to pee on my party. With that in mind I’m gonna whip this post out and get to my weekend.
- One of my work-place barometers for things that are in bad taste is “would Cubicle George say that?”, which is usually enough. But, when George comments that something someone else said is not appropriate my mind is blown.
- When I’m the man in charge I’m gonna outlaw super shiny miror-like license plate frames on cars. I’m convinced they’re the cause of many rear-enders. Or maybe it’s that plus dumbass drivers.
- You know it’s been a rough day when lunch occurs at 3:30 and consists of cereal.
- The fact that Microsoft has to put something called “compatibility mode” into its products so that they can work with…it’s products really says it all. How are they not compatible by default?
- The irony of the fact that I drove past at least 3 bail bonds companies on my way to the office really can’t be escaped.
In this week’s News Ripped From the Headlines:
- It’s really a good thing that all of our countries problems are dealt with so we can focus on the latest scandal: Rodeo Clowngate.
- Now that Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria and Egypt are all fully under control where shall we go next?
- I’d love to see California’s ginormous was of funds known as the Bullet Train be redirected to something that would actually be more 21st century like Elon Musk’s Hyperloop. Related, I’ll likely wait a year or so into operation before I strap my ass into one of those things.
- Oprah has done some really good things with her life and has helped others as well in the process, but she’s doing a great job of trying to become the next Al Sharpton making everything a race issue lately. Also, I don’t care how much money you have who the hell would ever buy a $38,000 purse?
This week’s installment of favorite search terms leading people to my blog was sewn up on Monday.