Happy Friday everyone. How was your week? Mine was actually pretty good and I’m shocked that it’s already over.
- “Excellent, thanks for the overview guide. We’ll read it soon, but can you tell me what the next steps are?”
Me: Yup read the freaking documentation.
- I’m a firm believer in being healthy. Or, in the very least trying to. But, listening to a coworker attempt to educate another on what one needs to do to have a healthy lifestyle when the educator is obviously obese and eats lunches that typical football players wouldn’t eat over multiple days is just too painful for me to deal with.
- Speaking of healthy lifestyles, I’m trying to drink a lot of water throughout the day. A side benefit is that I have to go to the bathroom a lot, which if you take the long route to and from keeps you out of the cube for extended periods and gets a good walk in to boot.
- Dear State of California, I’m freaking sick and tired of sitting in bumper to bumper traffic while seeing dozens and dozens of carpool cheaters in the nearly empty carpool lane. Can we either enforce the freaking rules or do away with the carpool idea altogether?
- It drives me insane when I’m trying to do business while on a conference call and my coworkers insist on having a discussion about the NFL at a volume that rivals most frat parties.
- The definition of productivity at my company: setup a conference call with no fewer than 6 people, 2 of which won’t show up, 3 of those who do will be no less than 5 minutes late, we’ll tell 2-5 jokes, talk about that which we’ve discussed previously in at least 2 similar meetings and adjourn not having made 1 single freaking decision. See you at next weeks follow up!
In this week’s News Ripped From The Headlines:
- Miley Cyrus achy breaky ass was all over the news this week. What pains me about it is the fact that she wasn’t even cute when she was Hanna Montana, but now that she’s a cross between Lindsay Lohan, Amy Winehouse and a drug addict tweaker trying to be a two-bit hooker is just sad.
- How many times in the last couple of weeks do you think Obama thought, “hmmm, I think I have a whole new appreciation for what Bush went through”?
- And, if you are one of the people considering for running for President next time, 1) what are you thinking and, 2) thanks for reading my blog…tell a friend.
- Related: it seems like just a week ago that virtually all of the free world was saying that action had to be taken against Syria’s and Assad’s. Now, shockingly, one by one, those same countries are voting against doing anything leaving it to the US of A to once again do the job and take all the blame that is likely to come in the near future.
- Further related: Is killing multiple hundreds of people with chemical weapons in Syria really any worse than the killing of many multiple hundreds of people that other jackass “leaders” around the world have done with bullets and bare hands in many other countries? Makes for an interesting moral discussion huh? Probably not one for tonight’s friends dinner though.
- Hey what ever happened to those NSA, IRS, Benghazi scandals? We have SDD – Scandal Deficit Disorder in this country.
- Thursday at many fast food places across the country the workers staged a form of a strike walking out on their jobs and demanding higher wages. Ironically, my first thought was a mass strike at fast food restaurants that lasts a very long time just might be the best thing that could happen to the health of Americans.
- This week marked the 50th anniversary of the great Dr. King’s speech in Washington DC. And, somehow while there have been pretty good strides that have been made in race relations in this country, I can’t help but feel that the Dr would be appalled at much of what has transpired bringing us backwards in many cases. But, it also got me thinking about my own dreams. For example:
- I have a dream. A dream that one day we all, regardless of the color of our skin will have offices with four full walls and a door.
- I have a dream that all mask wearing rodeo clowns will treat all presidents equally.
Oh, what’s that you say…they’ve already been doing that for decades with no less than 6 presidents? Oh, never mind then. The dream is reality!
And, finally in this week’s Favorite Search Term That Led People To My Blog, I bring you:
Average Day For A Carnie
Folks, I couldn’t make this shit up.
Have a great long Labor Day Weekend (if you’re here in the states), because guess what…that means no more wearing white pants as Summer is now unofficially over.