- Things I learned this week – trying to run your drivers license through the credit card machine is highly unlikely to work.
- It’s good thing that this week was almost entirely core workouts, because my 6 pack is much closer to a 4 pack of those half sized little cans.
- Some of my happiest moments are while driving a truck with my dog in the front seat.
- This week I heard that Pope John Paul II was going to get canonized. Turns out it has nothing to do with being a human canon ball. Shame as that would be cool to see him as a human canon ball. Flying Pope. Alive would be better I’d think.
- There isn’t a day that goes by at work where I don’t fantasize about going off grid and being like one of those dudes on Mountain Men.
- While I appreciate the feedback, if the only advice you have for me is, “I think you should use a different font.”, I’m going to question how you became a VP.
In this week’s episode of News Ripped From The Headlines:
- Government shutdown….just read this.
- Another stat I learned. 93% of the Environmental Protection Agency’s employees are non-essential. So why do we have them at all?
- When the shutdown is over, do you really think “non-essential” employees will come back to their job fully jazzed to work on non-essential shit?
- Part of shutting down the government has to do with saving money. Many feel that too much money is spent these days and that it’s spent unwisely. But, clearly we need to keep the US Postal Service running 6 days a week even during the crisis, because god forbid you don’t get your Tuesday coupons, Walgreens and CVS offers and random credit card application a day later. What boggles the mind even more is that the USPS is designed to be self-funding. In fact, unlike other federal agencies, the Postal Service isn’t funded by taxpayers, and is intended to function like a private business. Turns out the USPS loses on average, $25 Million a day. Can you imagine a “private business” losing that much a year, let alone a day?
- A related item to this week’s shutdown is Obamacare kicking off. And, if you don’t think it’s related, you’re high. Many believe the Republicans are holding the government hostage just to kill Obamacare. Part of that is related to the cost of it. One thing leading to the cost of it is the fact that we as a society need to be “sensitive” to other cultures and languages within our great melting pot. And, Obamacare is no exception. See, the rules and guidelines are multi-lingual. Of course they are in English and Spanish. Probably in Chinese and Vietnamese as well. Maybe Korean makes sense. Probably French. But, did you know it’s accessible in 150 languages? Oh and there are translators standing by too!
- What really bugs me is that people are blaming one party or the other. “Republicans suck”, “Democrats won’t negotiate”, whatfuckingever. If you think this is the fault of one party you are high. Both parties suck. Neither party is working for you – they are working for themselves. People open your minds. They both suck.
I’ve had enough of the news. In this week’s “Today’s Fun Fact” from 1,227 Quite Interesting Facts to Blow Your Socks Off I bring you this: Kangaroos have 3 vaginas.