Here we are just over a week into Government Shutdown 2 – Congressional Boogaloo and what have we learned so far?
- Well, depending on your source, about 80-85% of the government is still functioning as before (Google it).
- Non-essential employees (by whose definition we don’t know) aren’t working. And, those people are likely trying to get therapy for being declared non-essential. Wonder if they are having a hard time signing up for Obamacare?
- Our National Mall is closed, but open for those who want to rally for immigration reform.
- While at the same time, those from “the greatest generation” who stepped up on their own and fought in WWII aren’t allowed to go to an outdoor monument that is never closed yet for some reason now has fences erected around it to keep them out.
- The US Postal Service which loses $25M per day is still delivering my Penny Saver ad on Tuesday’s.
- But, people aren’t allowed to look at a carved up mountain paying homage to our greatest presidents.
- Many brave young men and women are off in various sand countries fighting to keep our freedom (or something similar which our government really isn’t clear about).
- Yet, the families of those poor souls who don’t make it out alive aren’t able to get the benefits they are due.
I could go on and on, but you get the picture. It’s pretty fucked up.
So, who’s to blame for this mess?
The Republicans? Most of the media would have you believe this.
The crazy radical Tea Party folks? The rest of the media (minus 1 in particular) would have you believe this.
The Democrats? Fox News (the one) and Republicans would have you believe this.
Folks, let’s be serious for a moment, they are all to blame. They are only doing what’s in their best interest which is keeping their, or ideally accumulating more, power.
I’ve said it a million times, they all suck and are not being true representatives of the people.
So, who is REALLY to blame?
You are you dumbass.
You say you don’t approve of how Congress is doing their job.
Yet, you continue to reelect the same dip shits every time.
I’ve heard it said that we get the government we deserve. Well, guess what? Whomever coined that phrase was spot-freaking-on.
Based on what the general population has to say about our leaders, you don’t like what they’re doing. So, stop bitching and start voting with some actual thought. Because, if history continues to repeat itself, not only will you get what you deserve, but you truly are a dumbass.